- Starting the Server
- Stopping the Server
- Monitoring and Error logs
- Upgrading QuickBooks (NZ/AU)
Xact Link for ACT! and QuickBooks Server Guide
If you have configured the link to run as a Windows Service and now wish to upgrade your QuickBooks / Reckon Accounts (NZ/AU only) you will need to follow these instructions.
Step 1: Record your current settings and stop the QBLinkServer service
Open Windows Services (run "services.msc")
- Find "Xact QuickBooks Link Service" from the list
- Note which user "Xact QuickBooks Link Service" is logged on as (e.g. ".\Randy")
Double-click to open properties
- Stop the service if running
- Change Startup Type to "Disabled" (we will need to re-enable this once the QBLink Server is re-authenticated).
- Click OK to save.
Step 2: Remove access for the QBLinkServer
- Open QuickBooks and the company file, be sure to log in as a QuickBooks administrator
- In QuickBoos go to Edit > Preferences
Select Integrated Applications > Company Preferences
Select QBLink and open Properties
- Note which QB user is used under automatic login ("Login as:"). Click cancel to dismiss
- Select QBLink and remove (remove all QBLinks if more than one)
- Click OK/Save and exit.
Step 3: Re-request access using the new version of QuickBooks / Reckon Accounts
Next step is to authenticate from the QBLinkServer.
This should be done after installing the new QuickBooks / Reckon Accounts with company database converted, ready to be used.
For the following steps, login as the Windows account noted on step 1, part 3 above!
- Open QuickBooks / Reckon Accounts with the company file open, be sure to log in as an administrator
- click "Request access to QuickBooks", follow through the messages
Switch to QuickBooks / Reckon Accounts, an authentication dialog should appear
- Select "Yes, always; allow access even if QuickBooks (Reckon Accounts) is not running"
- Pick the user noted in step 11 from the list
- Click Continue and follow through additional confirmation dialogs.
Lastly, re-enable the QBLinkServer service
- Open Windows Services (run "services.msc")
- Find "Xact QuickBooks Link Service"; open Properties
- Change Startup type to "Automatic" and save.
- Restart windows/server.