- Starting the Server
- Stopping the Server
- Monitoring and Error logs
- Upgrading QuickBooks (NZ/AU)
Xact Link for ACT! and QuickBooks Server Guide
The Xact QB Link Server is an additional component that allows Xact Link for ACT! & QuickBooks clients to connect remotely without having QuickBooks installed on the workstation (client) machines.
This is a server component which resides on the machine where QuickBooks is installed.
QB Link server has the following system requirements:
- Windows XP Pro
- Windows Vista Business & Ultimate
- Windows 7 Pro & Ultimate
- Windows Server 2003 and up.
- US: QuickBooks 2005 – 2014 (Pro/Premier/Enterprise)
- AU/NZ: QuickBooks 2008/2009 – 2011/2012 (Pro/Premier/Enterprise)
- CA: QuickBooks 2008 – 2012 (Pro/Premier/Enterprise)
- One QuickBooks user license
QuickBooks application must also be installed on the machine where QB Link Server is installed, not just the database (*.qbw) file.
It is highly recommended to install QB Link Server on a ‘clean’ machine, that is, a fresh installation of Windows and QuickBooks.
ACT! or Xact Link for QuickBooks is not required to be installed on this server.
Lastly, you will need to have a good understanding on how Windows operating system works and some knowledge of network configuration.
Important: QB Link Server when running will consume one QuickBooks user license. Depending on your company requirements, you may have to purchase additional QuickBooks user license.