- Before Installation
- Setup Wizard
- Installation Options
- Linking to your Xact Subscription
- Configuring the Link
Xact Link for ACT! and QuickBooks Install & Setup Guide
- If you experience any issue during the setup of the link then please ensure that you have followed the setup process exactly and that your system meets the installation requirements.
- You need to make sure that both your existing installation of ACT! and your QuickBooks accounting product are up to date and both applications operate with no issues.
- If you intend to use your QuickBooks file over a network then please ensure that you have followed the Network setup instructions carefully and that you have configured your fire wall software and antivirus application to allow the Link to work with no issues.
- When running under Vista make sure that you start Act as an administrator, without running with admin privileges the link will not be able to connect to your QuickBooks accounting product.
- The Link keeps an Error log and a Transaction log (optional) in the directory where it is installed, by default these files can be found under C:\Program Files\Act\Act for Windows\Plugins\Xact_QB_Data\
- Check our FAQ document included in the installation
- For further support notes please talk to your systems administrator or ACT consultant you can also visit our support page at www.xactsoftware.co.nz/support
Note on upgrading ACT!
If you are upgrading ACT!, depending on the connection type you may have to re-authenticate with QuickBooks. Refer to our FAQ document on how to perform this procedure.