Xact Link for Act! and Xero User Manual
The Xact Link for Act! and Xero is an application which allows Act! users to connect to their Xero account, by doing so it provides Act! users with the ability to view Xero contact information from within Act! as well as the ability to update and enter contact data to Xero from within Act!.
The link operates as an Act! plug-in, when installed it operates as an additional Tab within the Contact detail view within Act!, in addition it provides an extra menu item within the Tools menu in Act!.
Why integrate Act! and Xero
Integrating a front office system such as Act! with a back office system such as Xero serves the following purposes:
- Provide customer facing staff with controlled access to the financial information needed for them to provide a higher level of service.
- Allow customer information to flow from the front office to the back office without the need for dual entry of data.
As a result of the above your business can operate more efficiently as dual entry of customer record information is eliminated and front-line staff have access to customer information without the need to jump between multiple systems.
What is the Xact Link for Act! and Xero
The Xact Link for Act! and Xero (XLAX for short) is an add-on for the popular contact management system Act! When installed the link adds a new tab to the Act! Contact detail view and provides an extra menu item within the Tools menu in Act!.
FeaturesAct! desktop and web version:
- Link any Act! contact(s) to an existing Xero customer / supplier contact
- Create and update Xero contact record from within Act!
- View customer and supplier invoices for a given Xero contact from within Act!
- Import Xero contact records into Act!
- Create customer and supplier invoices (bills) from within Act!
- Filtered view of invoices that are familiar to Xero users
- View, email, print, or save invoice PDF to Act! history and documents
- Customisable Field Mapping between Act! Contact fields and Xero
- Restrict individual Act! user access to Xero Link function and operations with User Access Control (managed through the desktop plugin)
Act! desktop version only:
- Invoice multi-currency support
- Change invoice and quote Branding Theme
- View, create and modify customer quote
- View, create and modify supplier purchase order
- Convert Act! opportunity to sales invoice or quote
- Customer / supplier overview, with links to recently saved documents
- Apply payment to a customer invoice
- Auto Link Wizard to automatically match and links your existing Act! and Xero contacts
- Export multiple Act! contact records to Xero
- Find ‘Linked contacts’ by lookup function
- Support for Xero “Payment Terms” for both customer and supplier invoice
- Administer / configure User Access Control
- Import Xero inventory items to Act! for Time and Billing integration