Xact Link for Act! and Xero FAQ's
What is Xact Link for Act and Xero?
Xact Xero Link is an add-on for the popular Act Contact Management System; it is developed by Xact Software Solutions.
What does the link do?
The link connects Act with your Xero account, by doing so it provides the ability to create Xero contacts from Act in addition to exposing some of Xero accounting functions to Act.
What is the goal behind linking Act with Xero?
The idea is to streamline the process of creating contacts and managing their information within the business as well as providing the front office staff with controlled access to customers financial data so that the staff can serve the customers more efficiently.
What other features does the link provide?
The link adds the following features to Act:
- Import Xero contact records into Act!
- Link any Act contact(s) to an existing Xero contact record.
- Update a Xero contact record directly from within Act!
- Create a new Xero contact record from within Act!
- View sales invoice and bills for a given Xero contact from within Act!
- Create sales invoice and bills from within Act!
- Familiar filtered view of invoices based on Xero invoice status
- Converts Act Opportunities to a sales invoice
- Access to Xero invoice PDF to be attached or emailed within Act!
- Built-in User Access Control support for multiple users
Additional features available in the desktop version include the ability to:
- Multi-Currency support
- Export Act! contact records to Xero
- Import Xero inventory items to Act! Opportunity Products table
- Use an Auto Link Wizard to establish a connection between your existing Act! and Xero contacts
- Support for Xero “Payment Terms”
- Select different Xero invoice branding theme
How does the link work?
Once installed the a new tab appears in Act contact detail screen, it also adds a new menu item under the Act Tools menu.
I have more than one Xero organisation, can I use multiple organisation to Link?
Xact Link for Act and Xero only support linking to one Xero organisation at a time.
How does the link view/create invoice?
When a contact is linked, invoice can be viewed and created from within Act. When a linked Act contact is loaded, the link will then pull the invoices from Xero and display them on the tab, no data are copied into Act and each time it loads a list of invoices in real-time.
View system requirements here
Contact and Support
I have a question that is not answered here, how can I contact you?
Certainly, you can get our contact details through our website www.xactsoftware.co.nz or you can E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org , for sales you can email email@example.com
Do you offer any support packages?
No, we offer support on case by case basis, all support requests are subject to Xact software's terms of service, you are welcome to contact us if you wish to obtain a copy of our Terms of Trade document.
What support methods do you offer?
We offer Phone support, Remote support and on-site visits; please note that in some cases we may need to arrange a time in advance to assist with your support queries.