Xact Software is interested in clients getting the best experience they can from CRM/accounting integration and to maintain a high standard of operation for the product.
One way that we ensure this happens is by following a set of procedures. Below is a brief overview of these procedures plus a guide to the duration of each stage. All of the stages can be carried out via remote Internet connection i.e. Teamviewer, GoToAssist etc.
Stage 1 - Understanding the Workflow:
- How is MOYB EXO currently being used & what CRM functions will be used in ACT!?
- Account Based vs. Contact Based model?
- How will the field mapping be handled between ACT! and MYOB EXO, for Contacts and for Companies? (Note: this analysis step is taken no matter how MYOB EXO is used as discussed during #2)
- Who gets to do what? - Implementing the User Access Control.
Approximately 1 hour in total
Stage 2 - Setup of Xact Link for ACT! and MYOB EXO:
Client machine requirements:
- SQL Server Native Client 10.1
- A Compatible version of ACT! (ACT! 2010 and above)
- A Compatible version of MYOB EXO (MYOB EXO 7.0 and above)
- Mixed Mode Authentication
- Modifying the ACT! database schema to Introduce custom tables to store the encrypted user Access System data.
- Modifying the ACT products table.
- Modifying the ACT contact record table to add link field(s)
- Installation of the link
- Configuring the link for each user , this is done for each individual user for both physical installs and for installs on TS environments
Approximately 15 minutes per user, with steps 1-3 only performed once per database.
Stage 3 - End User Training
45 minutes – 1 hour.
For example, a 10 user site presuming all specifications are met, access to machines are available, all passwords are at hand and machines are in a good working condition.
1 + (10x .25) + .75 = Total of 4.25 hours + training